Coronavirus prevention is measures to improve your body's defense mechanisms to fight the virus. The coronavirus pandemic began at the end of 2019 in Wuhan, China. Infection with a dangerous Chinese virus can lead to inflammation of the lung tissue (pneumonia), which can be fatal. No vaccine or cure for the disease has yet been developed. Therefore, in order to avoid infection, it is important to follow some simple rules for the prevention of coronavirus.
Preparations for the prevention of coronavirus
The drugs recommended for the prevention of coronavirus infection were published by the Russian Ministry of Health:
- Recombinant interferon beta-1b - immunomodulator, antiviral agent
- Lopinavir + Ritonavir - an antiviral agent of a combined effect
- Ribavirin – An antiviral drug used to treat severe respiratory infections
Roskomnadzor and the Ministry of Health of Russia recommend that preventive drug treatment be carried out within 48 hours after contact with the sick person. Prevention period - 14 days (estimated incubation period)
Prevention of coronavirus in humans in 2020
To comply with any preventive measures, it is necessary to understand how a viral infection spreads. According to scientists, the first carriers of the 2019-nCoV virus (COVID-2019 is the official name) could be bats. For the prevention of coronavirus, limiting the consumption of meat from wild animals, as well as reducing contact with them, can help.
Coronavirus can be transmitted both by airborne droplets and fecal-oral. Depending on the way the virus enters the body, certain symptoms of coronavirus . With fecal-oral transmission - gastrointestinal disorders, with airborne droplets - respiratory.
Recommendations of the Ministry of Health of Russia - general measures for the prevention of coronavirus
The Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation has developed recommendations for the prevention of coronavirus. It is recommended not to visit China unless absolutely necessary. Since February 14, charter flights have been banned from flying to China.
Memo from the Ministry of Health regarding the source of infection:
- Patients must be isolated in special boxes or in an infectious diseases hospital
- Be sure to use medical masks and change them every 2 hours
- Use a separate vehicle to transport infected people
- For the treatment of patients, use disposable sets of medical instruments
Measures of prevention on the scale of Russia:
- Visa-free regime for tourists from China to Russia canceled
- Part of the checkpoints on the border with China and the Far East is closed
- Russian citizens who were in China evacuated
- State of emergency declared in areas bordering China
Measures to prevent coronavirus in adults
To prevent the disease in adults, experts recommend:
- Do not eat at unverified catering places, but if possible, cook your own food.
- Each member of the seven must have individual hygiene items - a comb, toothbrush, towel, underwear , etc.
- Reduce tactile contact with people you don't know well.
- Wipe the surfaces of gadgets that you use in everyday life - tablets, mobile phones, remote controls, etc.
- Do not drink or eat food from the same container with other people (chips, mineral water, cookies)
- Be careful in crowded places (metro, airports, train stations). If possible, wear a medical mask or cover your mouth and nose with a handkerchief.
- Use disinfectants for hand hygiene and cleanliness
- Carry out wet cleaning and ventilation in rooms where you often stay
- Keep hand sanitizer with you, which you can buy at the pharmacy in the form of a spray.
Measures to prevent coronavirus in children
The most important point in preventing the risk of infection with coronavirus in children should be a conversation about the danger of infection and the importance of following preventive measures. Children should understand how important personal hygiene of hands and surfaces is during the period of infection.
Doctors include other measures to prevent the virus in children:
- Temporary restrictions on visiting public places
- Do not visit hospitals unnecessarily
- Reduce contact with patients
- Strengthening immunity by taking complex vitamins, hardening and good nutrition
Unfortunately, only vaccination can completely eliminate the risk of contracting coronavirus. But with proper observance of the rules of prevention, you can significantly reduce the risk of contracting coronavirus.
On our website you can also get acquainted with the current situation of the spread of coronavirus online .