At the beginning of 2020, the world faced a dangerous and merciless enemy - a viral infection. The disease instantly spread to all countries and continents and has already claimed the lives of thousands of people of all ages. Due to the aggravation of the sanitary situation, on March 11, WHO recognized 2019-nCoV as a pandemic, which equated the outbreak of the virus with plague, smallpox and Spanish flu.
Important! The first symptoms of the disease are fever, weakness and cough. In some cases, the disease completely disappears without symptoms, which is even more dangerous for others. The virus is inferior in terms of infectivity even to the usual group, but the lack of a valid vaccine makes it dangerous for humans.
Distribution of infected people by country
As of March 28, 2020, 683,720 cases of coronavirus infection have been recorded in the world. In total, 32 thousand 102 people died during the pandemic. There may be many more victims of coronavirus due to the lack of the required number of tests.
Also, there is no objective information for some countries. These countries include Turkmenistan and a number of African countries.
The largest number of cases as of March 28 was recorded in the United States of America - 124 thousand 763 people. Italy ranks second in terms of the number of infected — 92,472 infected. The third country in the world in terms of the number of infected people is China - 82 thousand 120 people. At the same time, China has already officially announced the stoppage of the spread of coronovirus infection. Currently, most of the cases in China have already recovered. Also, the presence of Coronavirus infection was recorded in the following countries of the world:
- Spain - 78 thousand 787 people (the number of cases per day increased by 6 thousand people);
- Germany - 58 thousand 247 people (+ 552 new cases of infection per day);
- Iran - 38 thousand cases of infection (+ 2900 new cases per day);
- France — 38,100 cases (+4,700 new cases per day);
- Great Britain - 19 thousand 790 cases of infection (+ 2446 cases of infection per day);
- Switzerland — 14,593 cases of infection (+500 new infections per day);
- Netherlands — 11 thousand infected (+1104 new infections per day);
- Belgium — 10,803 cases of infection (+1,700 new infections in the last 24 hours);
- South Korea — 9,583 cases (+105 new cases per day);
- Austria — 8,536 cases (+ 256 new cases per day);
- Turkey — 7,402 cases (+1,700 new infections per day);
- Portugal — 5,960 cases (+792 infections per day);
- Canada — 5,665 cases of infection (+ 79 new infections per day);
- Norway — 4,225 cases of infection (+ 220 new infections per day);
- Australia — 3,980 cases (+340 new infections per day);
- Brazil — 3,904 cases of infection (+487 new cases per day);
- Israel -3 thousand 965 cases of infection (+246 new cases of infection per day);
- Sweden - 3,700 cases (+253 new cases of infection per day);
- Czech Republic — 2,697 cases (+ 66 new cases of infection per day);
- Denmark — 2,564 cases of infection (+ 198 new cases of infection per day);
- Malaysia — 2,470 cases of infection (+150 new infections detected per day);
- Ireland - 2,415 cases of infection (+ 294 new cases of infection per day);
- Luxembourg - 1831 sick people (+ 226 new cases of infection per day);
- Poland — 1,771 cases (+133 new infections detected per day);
- Romania — 1,760 cases (+ 308 new cases detected per day);
- Japan — 1,693 cases (+ 225 new cases detected per day);
- Russia - 1534 cases of infection (+ 270 new cases of infection per day).
Despite all the measures taken, the number of people infected with coronavirus continues to increase. Quarantine violations are observed everywhere. There are no warnings, no fines, no threat of criminal liability.
Statistics from China
The very first case of infection with a new form of the virus in China was recorded in November 2019. Then the doctors did not attach much importance to this case. However, a month later, several hundred people had already contracted pneumonia of unknown origin. In January 2020, doctors from China began to sound the alarm, and the number of infected people began to grow exponentially.
In mid-February, a number of measures taken made it possible to block the spread of the infection. The number of newly diagnosed cases has dropped sharply.
Important! On February 19, not a single new case of infection was recorded in China. On March 29, China announced a complete halt to the spread of the virus in the country.
As of March 28, 75,576 people have recovered and been discharged in China. During the day in China, only 121 cases of infection were detected, which is many times less than many European countries. Such a quick recovery was ensured not only by strict quarantine, but also by the prompt actions of the PRC government. Doctors from China are already fighting for the lives of patients from Europe right now.
At the same time, the reason for such an active spread of the coronovirus was precisely the Chinese New Year. During a long vacation, hundreds of infected tourists from China visited European countries, bringing with them a dangerous virus.
Italy is the leader in the number of infected from the EU countries - more than 92 thousand new cases of infection per day. The number of people infected with coronavirus in Spain also exceeded 78 thousand people. The leaders in the number of infected are also Germany and France - 58 thousand and 38 thousand cases of infection. Russia and China have already sent their doctors and medical equipment to help the most affected countries.
All EU countries have adopted the strictest quarantine measures. All public places are closed. Italy even announced a complete shutdown of all industry in the country. Such measures are designed to contain the spread of the disease, but will hit the EU economy hard.
At the moment, 1534 cases of infection have been detected in Russia. Over the past day, 270 new cases of infection were detected in the country, 64 people recovered and were discharged from hospitals, and 8 people died.
From March 30 to April 5, Russia has declared a day off with mandatory self-isolation of all residents of Tanya. However, despite all the measures taken to contain the epidemic, new cases of infection are recorded daily. The number of cases is growing in the same statistical sequence as in other countries of the world.
At the moment, the United States is in the lead in the number of infected people in the world. Almost 125 thousand cases of infection have already been recorded in the country, which is already half as many as it was in China. The countries closest to the United States are also experiencing an influx of patients: Canada - 5.5 thousand cases of infection, Mexico - 848 cases of infection.
Africa has the fewest cases of the disease. About 3 thousand new cases of infection for the entire continent, of which 2667 cases occur in South Africa, Morocco, Cairo and Egypt.
What is the dynamics of the growth of infected
The number of infected people in the world is constantly growing. Growth is happening at an alarming rate. If on January 23, only 265 people fell ill per day, then by January 30, the number of cases grew at a rate of 2,000 people per day. Further, the statistics are aggravated: on February 9, 3,000 people a day, and on February 12, already 14,000 people a day (the day the amendments were made to the counting methodology in the PRC).
After February 14, there is a decline in the number of new cases, only 2 thousand new cases, on February 20, only 576 people per day.
In early March, the number of cases went up again, already 1968 people a day, and on March 8 there were already almost 3 thousand new cases of infection. At the same time, the epicenter of the incidence is gradually moving to European countries. Over 60 thousand new cases of infection have now been recorded in the world. And that's just in the last 1 day. With such a spread rate, by the beginning of April, the number of infected people could reach 1 million people.
When will the coronavirus epidemic end?
Different countries are currently setting different deadlines for the end of the epidemic. Specialists from China are confident that the virus will be stopped and blocked by July, but for this, all people must strictly comply with the WHO requirements. French experts believe that a complete stop of the virus is possible only after 70% of the world's population develops immunity to the virus or dies from the disease.
Other more pessimistic experts are sure that global warming will be required to stop the virus, which will destroy its particles in the air. While there is no objective data on the exact date of recovery, however, it is already clear that the problem is global.