Coronavirus causes an acute illness of the respiratory system. Of particular danger is the new strain of the virus 2019 ncov. Despite the severity of the disease, only a strong immune system is able to resist infection.
- General Coronavirus Prevention Measures
- Measures to prevent coronavirus in adults
- Measures to prevent coronavirus in children
- Preparations for the prevention of coronavirus
- Vitamin D
- Liposomal Vitamin C
- B vitamins
- Essential fatty acids
- Naturopathic preparations
- How to strengthen immunity naturally
General Coronavirus Prevention Measures
To know what preventive measures are applicable for the 2019-nCoV, you need to know how it is transmitted. It can be transmitted by airborne droplets and the fecal-oral route.
If you follow some recommendations, you can activate the body's defenses and thereby reduce the likelihood of getting a coronavirus infection. To do this, you must follow these recommendations.
- Lead a healthy lifestyle. A balanced diet, regular exercise, maintaining a normal weight, maintaining sleep and rest will help strengthen the immune system.
- You need to learn how to deal with stress. To do this, you need to use your breath. It is good to learn how to meditate.
- Reduce your intake of sugar and saturated fats. Instead, you need to ensure sufficient intake of vegetable proteins, essential unsaturated fatty acids, into the body.
- Vitamin and mineral supplements should be taken regularly. You should pay special attention to those that contain vitamins C, E, group B, as well as zinc and selenium. They are able to strengthen the immune system.
- You should take drugs that have a proven immunomodulatory effect.
The Ministry of Health is taking the following measures in relation to the source of the virus:
- isolation of patients with suspected coronavirus in boxes specially equipped for this or in infectious diseases departments;
- use of medical masks;
- the use of separate transport for the infected;
- the use of disposable sets of medical instruments for treatment.
Measures to prevent coronavirus in adults
For the prevention of the disease in adults, it is recommended:
- if possible, do not visit places of public catering;
- have individual hygiene items for each family member;
- avoid tactile contact with unfamiliar people;
- more often wipe the surfaces of smartphones, tablets;
- be careful in crowded places;
- apply antiseptics to treat the skin of the hands;
- ventilate the premises and regularly carry out wet cleaning in them;
- do not drink or eat from the same container with other people.
Measures to prevent coronavirus in children
Children should be informed about the danger of contracting coronavirus infection and the particular importance of following preventive measures. First of all, they must learn to wash their hands correctly and regularly.
Other measures to prevent infection in children:
- temporary restriction of visiting public places and places with large crowds of people;
- reducing contact with people;
- strengthening immunity by taking complex multivitamin preparations;
- nutritious food enriched with vitamins.
Preparations for the prevention of coronavirus
Some biologically active substances activate the natural defenses of the human body. Prevention of coronavirus from China should be based on the regular intake of these funds. This does not allow the development of pathology. In the case of an acute respiratory disease, it is these remedies that accelerate recovery and prevent the development of complications.
The recommended daily dose for the prevention of coronavirus disease is from 2000 to 5000 IU.
It has been proven that a significant decrease in the level of vitamin D in the blood contributes to a significant increase in diseases of the upper respiratory tract.
The clinical results of the use of this vitamin are as follows.
- Children taking 1200 IU of vitamin D per day are more than 2 times less likely to get the flu.
- In women who take 2000 IU of this substance per day, the incidence of influenza decreased by 30% compared with the control group.
Liposomal Vitamin C
All drugs that are recommended to be taken as a prevention of coronavirus include vitamin C (ascorbic acid).
So that high doses of the vitamin do not provoke digestive disorders, doctors recommend using lysosomal vitamin C. Its solution is placed in a capsule, which is covered with phospholipids on top.
This dosage form is similar to injections. This means that the drug has a high bioavailability. The recommended dose of ascorbic acid is 1000 mg 1 or 2 times a day.
Prevention of coronavirus in humans necessarily includes taking vitamins B 6 and B 12 . Studies conducted in Taiwan showed that taking vitamin B 6 at a dose of 50 to 100 mg per day for two weeks significantly increased the immune defense of sick patients.
Vitamin B 12 increases the activity and number of leukocytes in the blood. Without them, the body's resistance to viruses is impossible.
Essential fatty acids
To enhance immune defenses, you should increase your intake of essential fatty acids. First of all, it is omega-3 fatty acids.
Their action is as follows:
- restoration of the integrity of cell membranes;
- increase resistance to infections;
- normalization of the process of formation and functioning of macrophages - cells capable of actively capturing and digesting bacteria, viruses;
- regulation of leukocyte activity for a more active immune response;
- decrease in the intensity of the inflammatory process;
- improvement of intercellular communications.
This chemical element is a powerful antioxidant. It protects the cells of the human body from the damaging effects of free radicals, improves immunity. Regular intake of selenium in the body increases the activity of the immune system.
Even small amounts of this element contribute to the normal development of immune cells. It has a particularly positive effect on the activity of neutrophils and NK cells, as well as macrophages sensitive to zinc content.
Insufficient amount of zinc negatively affects the activity of T, B cells. Taking zinc supplements significantly increases the body's ability to fight the new coronavirus.
Some natural remedies show an active restorative and immunomodulatory effect. As of 2020, they are among the best for the prevention and symptomatic treatment of diseases caused by coronavirus. These include additives.
- wellmune. The drug contains beta glucan. The use of 0.5 g of the drug for 3 months. reduces the risk of getting infections of the upper respiratory tract by more than 2 times.
- Monolaurin. It has antiviral activity, kills viruses, bacteria, protozoa. Activates the immune system.
- Serratia peptidase maintains optimal mucus viscosity.
- Astragalus root has antiviral and immunostimulatory activity. It also reduces the intensity and duration of acute respiratory viral illness.
How to strengthen immunity naturally
You can strengthen your immune system in a natural way by following these recommendations.
- Eat more foods containing vitamins A and E. Vitamin A and its provitamin carotene are found in carrots, berries and fruits that have an orange color, spinach. Vitamin E is found most in vegetable oils.
- There are more citrus fruits, apples containing a lot of vitamin C - ascorbic acid.
- Support immunity foods from unrefined grains, brewer's yeast, whole grain bread, beef, veal, turkey, garlic, onions.
- You should walk every day for at least 30-40 minutes. This time will be enough to activate the work of the cardiovascular and immune systems.
- Favorably affect the immune system beef liver, seafood, especially shrimp, squid and mussels.
- It is necessary to add spices to dishes. Ginger, barberry, cloves, cinnamon, coriander, basil, cardamom, turmeric, horseradish are especially useful for immunity.
- Dry red wine is good for immunity.
The maximum allowable amount of red wine to support immunity is up to 100 g.
- Hardening allows you to strengthen the immune system and increase the body's resistance to adverse factors. It is a mistake to think that for this you need to walk in shorts and a T-shirt barefoot in the snow. For hardening, dousing with cool water every day, as well as a contrast shower, will be enough.
- Stress is the enemy of the immune system. Having learned to calmly relate to what is happening, you can not only gain psychological peace, but also increase the body's resistance.
Coronavirus infection is the most serious threat to the world. Carefully designed preventive measures against the new coronavirus will help to significantly reduce the rate of spread of the disease. They include personal hygiene, the use of protective medical equipment, the intake of vitamins, immunostimulants and immunomodulators.